- We cannot guarantee lead times: our tiles are handmade by experts but delays can occur. Our normal lead time for standard items is 2-3 weeks from the date of the deposit payment.
- Our tiles are the highest quality handmade English tiles and we use some of the most beautiful glazes available. Please be aware that all handmade tile can craze - this is a characteristic and not a fault. This is applicable to all handmade tile including that sold by every other handmade tile manufacturer. It you use an off-white or white glaze your tiles will be less likely to craze, however please assume crazing will happen. We do not accept returns for crazing. If you are not sure what crazing will look like please ask.
- Ensure the area being tiled is thoroughly dry, has been prepared properly and the tiles have been fixed using the right material. This is essential to a good tiling finish.
- Cheap ready-mixed adhesive or grout must not be used with our tiles - these do not provide a flexible base. Wickes adhesive and similar brands should never be used. We recommend that your tiler uses only Mapei flexible adhesive Ultracolour Plus grout and Mapei D2 adhesive. Please specify this - using a cheap adhesive or grout can damage your tiles and we cannot be held responsible.
- Your order will be shipped direct to you from the kilns in Stoke-on-Trent. We are unable to insure your tiles against breakage in transit. We will replace broken tiles free of charge if we are reimbursed for shipping costs, up to the value of your original tile order purchase, excluding shipping. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please note once tiles or any part of a panel are fixed no returns can be accepted - please ensure that you lay the tiles out and inspect them prior to fixing them.
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is required on placing the order. The balance is due on delivery.
- Tile sizes are approximate, as is normal with a handmade ceramic product.
- Our tiles are handmade so glaze colours and tile sizes may be subject to small variations between batches.
- Please order all of your requirements for a single tiled space at the same time and include a small overage to allow for tiler error.
- For cream tile we recommend ivory grout for the best finish.
- Spacing between tiles should be between 2 and 3mm depending on the conditions.
- These tiles are not suitable for worksurface, flooring or external use.
- Tiles should always be cleaned with non-scratch, gentle cleaners.
- Our tiles are handmade in England; thank you for supporting the British ceramics industry.
Image reproduction on the website
This site is optimised for 1024x768 screen resolution, and this size constraint and the inherent limitations of colour rendition of computer screens means that we cannot give you a truly accurate impression of how beautiful these tiles are. To really appreciate their quality and the beauty of the pictures you need to have a look at the real thing. Why not buy a discounted sample tile - it's probably cheaper than making a trip to the showroom.
BL images are © The British Library 2012 Manufactured under licence granted by The British Library.
All of the images on this site are copyright: any unauthorised use is unlawful. If you have questions please contact us.
For more information email me from our contact page.